About UsThe responsibilities and functions of Broome GIS are wide and varied. Some of the more important responsibilities are listed below:
- GIS data are the foundation of all Broome GIS capabilities.
- Outdated and unmaintained GIS data are of less use then current data.
- Broome GIS maintains critical 'Base Map' data layers used by other departments and the public at large.
- Broome GIS is constantly creating, collecting, acquiring, and updating GIS data and making the information available to the public through mapping applications and PDF format maps when appropriate.
- Maps created using GIS data are one important physical product that Broome GIS produces.
- Although GIS is much more than simply maps, these are what most general users equate GIS with.
- Develop and maintain custom GIS applications.
- Maintain and assign all 911 addresses.
- View information regarding Broome County tax mapping.
- View/download PDF format tax sheet maps.
- Request prints/PDFs of tax sheet maps.
- Broome County Real Property
Crime Mapping & Analysis
- Mapping of incidents and crimes on a weekly and monthly basis, including density/hotspots where appropriate.
- Crime analysis and reporting based on daily information from municipal police departments for certain crime types.
- Mapping and analysis funding from GIVE grant.
911 Dispatch Mapping
- Support and maintain 911 mapping component in the Emergency Services Dispatch Center.
- Key GIS layers used by Dispatch include 911 address points, street centerlines, parcels, aerial photos, and response zones.
- Broome County Emergency Services Communications
- Support and maintain GIS Portal website including the interactive mapping applications and online map collection.
- Support and maintain web maps, apps, and dashboards on the Broome County GIS ArcGIS Online site.
- Broome GIS serves as the central coordinating body for all matters related to mapping and GIS.
- Coordination is important so efforts are not duplicated throughout the county and priorities can be established in a logical way.
Training & Support
- Broome GIS provides training and technical support to both desktop GIS users at the County and City as well as to online GIS users.
GIS Data Resources
New York State GIS Clearinghouse
Cornell University Geospatial Information Repository (CUGIR)
Download/Request Select GIS Data Used by Broome County:
Parcels with Attributes
Parcel Boundaries Only
Building Outlines (1989)
Building Polygons (1989)
Pavement Edge (1989)
Tree Lines (1989)
National Geodetic Survey
Broome Geodetic Survey
2002 - 2022 Air Photos
1999 Color Air Photos
1994 Infrared Air Photos
1989 B&W Air Photos
1981 B&W Air Photos
1973 B&W Air Photos
1965 B&W Air Photos
1944 B&W Air Photos
1937 B&W Air Photos
Parks & Recreation
Local & State Historic Districts
National Register Districts
County Legislative Districts
City Council Districts
State Assembly Districts
State Senate Districts
Bedrock & Surficial Geology
2016 Land Cover
City of Binghamton
Town of Barker
Town of Binghamton
Town of Chenango
Town of Colesville
Town of Conklin
Town of Dickinson
Town of Fenton
Town of Kirkwood
Town of Maine
Town of Sanford
Town of Union
Town of Vestal
Town of Windsor
Village of Deposit
Village of Endicott
Village of Johnson City
Village of Port Dickinson
Village of Whitney Point
Village of Windsor
Map & Data Requests
Tax Map RequestTax maps in the Tax Map section of the Map Library can be printed for a fee. Select the tax maps you'd like printed by selecting the sheet number in the drop-down box under the municipal name and clicking the 'Request' button and your requests will show up here. Multiple tax maps can be selected. If you are unsure of what sheet number to request, either search for the parcel in the search area to the left to determine the sheet number (the sheet number is the first five digits of the parcel ID, ex: 080.04) or submit a custom map request instead, indicating you'd like a tax map in the Map Description section, along with an address or some other piece of information to allow us to locate the tax map sheet.
Existing Map RequestExisting maps in the Map Library can be printed for a fee. Select the maps you'd like printed by clicking the check box next to the map title in the Map Library and your requests will show up here. Multiple maps can be selected.
Custom Map RequestCustom GIS maps can be requested for a fee. Enter the information below to help us narrow down what you'd like. We will contact you before we finalize and print anything.
|Map Description||Map Size||Copies|